Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Listen to Lakewood - I mean, "TWEET" Lakewood

Attention Gen Y'ers and Millennials of Lakewood!

Ready, Set, Tweet!

Listening to citizens is a very important part of my job. Citizens are my bosses. I have 52,136 bosses. Citizens   provide feedback regarding our service quality. They help identify emerging trends. They spot problems that are difficult to see.  All of which helps us improve.

Thirty five percent of our citizens are between the ages of 20 and 39. This generation of citizens is very connected to their “universe” by using  social media. This generation takes a “virtual” approach to place versus physical place.  Thus, being available via social media is just important, if not more important, than being in the same room.

For all of the above reasons, I am experimenting with a new (to me) communication vehicle to make City Hall more accessible to Citizens.

On Tuesday, August 21  from 5:30-6:30 PM I will be at my keyboard, logged onto Twitter ready to field questions and comments.

"stuck on ready" to tweet!

My twitter handle is @LakewoodMayor


 I am looking forward to Tuesday August 21st. For this baby boomer, it will be a great adventure.


Future “physical “ Listen –to-Lakewood dates and locations: (all start at 5:30PM)
September 11th at Mahalls.

October 9th at Around the Corner
November 13th at Buckeye Beer Engine

December 11th at Trinity Lutheran Church
(no comment on 3 bars and one church!)

 #1LKWD  www.onelakewood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment